Who we are
We are Painted Tongue Press, or Painted Tongue Studios, owned by artist Kim Vanderheiden, and operated jointly by her, and artists Bettina Pauly and Mitsuko Baum. Our web addresses are: https://paintedtonguepress.com and http://www.kimvanderheiden.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit our site, we receive statistics such as how many visits each page receives on a given day. These statistics do not distinguish one user from another, nor do they collect location or browser history outside of our site, other than the name of the domain that referred a visitor to our site.
If a person makes a purchase from us in person or by phone, we will collect only as much information as we need to process the transaction. This information is not shared with any third party partners, other than merchant services or our banking provider, as needed to process a payment.
Painted Tongue Press shares information related to letterpress printing that is represented under that name.
Kim Vanderheiden’s artwork shares information related to fine art projects, writings, and related work by Kim Vanderheiden.
Painted Tongue Artists shares information about artists who share space or resources in community with Painted Tongue Press and Kim Vanderheiden.
This information is used solely by Painted Tongue Press and owner Kim Vanderheiden to send periodic news, new work, and special announcements over email. All such emails are clearly identified as Painted Tongue Press, Kim Vanderheiden, or Painted Tongue Artists mailings and have contact information and an “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the page which can be used to end emails from us at any time. We do not share this list with any third party partners.
Direct mail, such as art exhibition announcements are sometimes sent to supporters’ mailing addresses. These include people who have purchased artwork, personally expressed interest in Kim Vanderheiden’s artwork or Painted Tongue Press, or people with a direct relationship to Kim Vanderheiden or Painted Tongue Press. These are frequently in the form of collector’s item letterpress announcements.
If a person contacts us using email or the contact form on this site, the form will send us that person’s email address that we may reply to his or her query. The record of the correspondence, along with the person’s email address, is kept in our archive for future reference. The address is not shared with any third party partners.
Links to third-party websites. Our websites include links to other websites, whose privacy practices may be different from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
This site is on a WordPress platform. By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on one of our sites you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Who we share your data with
Data is only shared in certain limited circumstances:
- With our banking provider, such information as is necessary to complete a financial transaction, for example, depositing a payment.
- With our merchant services provider, such information as is necessary to complete a payment or credit transaction.
- With our mailing list service, at the request of the person who is being included on the list, and for the purpose of relaying news and information about our work.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Other situations, though unlikely, could also prompt us to share data:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How long we retain your data
Order information and correspondences are retained indefinitely in our business history. Mailing list information is retained so long as the person is actively subscribed.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information